Does anyone know if it is normal that the principle lender would speak to the holder of the second prior to issuing their short sale approval with the payout demands?  I don't believe they do but think it would be nice to avoid the 2nd from refusing to close the deal because he wants more money.

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the 1st initially tell me they would do that, but then didn't take me up on it when I asked again. The 2nd is refusing to take what the 1st is offering, and I'm looking for anyone having experience dealing with SLS!
I am an investor. Spoke w/SLS re a deed in leiu. They are sending me the paperwork. Have a HELOC w/Regions. SLS informed me to negotiate w/Regions and provide them w/the payoff agreement and they would do the DIL. Would think it would be the borrower's responsibility to handle the junior leins.
On the short sales I have done the principle has always spoken to the 2nd lien to let them know what they will pay them. I have had the 2nd refuse or have made the owner sign a paper saying they will pay back the rest of the loan on a 2nd home. In each case the client went to bankruptcy to avoid having to pay the 2nd. I always have them to talk to an attorney to see what options are the best for them
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's always good to get other perspectives.

RSS

Forum

Ocwen Contacts Short Sale Package

Started by Jan Baron in Rants and Raves. Last reply by Anna Wilk Jan 14, 2016. 5 Replies

Shellpoint Mortgage

Started by Celeste ODea in General Discussion. Last reply by Brett Goldsmith Sep 4, 2015. 3 Replies

Extension Fees & Closing

Started by Colleen J Couse in Rants and Raves. Last reply by Brett Goldsmith Sep 3, 2015. 1 Reply

© 2021   Created by Mike Linkenauger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service