We're writing an e-book and after working on another book with another client we have found that we can actually publish this once it's ready.
Here's a sample from my Financial Planning buddy and client: 5 Easy Steps to a Successful Retirement
Over 50% of the traffic to our website is from other states. This book will be sold, given away, used as proof of expertise (not for profit from book sales). So while many of our clients will just be looking for the content from us, it's also an opportunity for you to be:
- Featured in the event the reader is from your state
- To use what we have put together for your benefit of saying that you are an author.
So it's pretty simple. I'm looking for 2 to 3 pages single spaced 12 point font about your experience as a short sale specialist.
In particular we are looking for:
- Bank specific stories
- State Specific stories
- Where you take a stance STRONGLY in a favor or against something.
Ok, so that didn't match as well as I thought it would. Here's what you we are going to do with submissions:
- For those submissions that are accepted and fully entered, the author will have a bio included int he book as well as receive credit as a contributor or author (depending on the contribution).
- For those with good points, but not great overall submissions, a "Thank You" will be given on one page as well as an excerpt if appropriate. Still giving you "clout" as an author to your local communiity.
In any case, there are some qualifications to submit and every submission won't be used.
- You must have closed at least 10 Seller Side Short Sales (proof will be asked for once submission is reviewed)
- It must be well written with a strong emphasis on entertainment or specificity - particular as it relates to YOUR MARKET. Generic, "short sales are hard, we closed one" submissions are wasting our time. This is an opportunity for you to shine in your market. The book will already cover the basics of the short sale, so there is no need to cover those again.
All submissions must be in by March 1st. Since this is only 2 or 3 pages of content, this should take you less than one hour.