I'd like to know what everyone feels is a practical referral fee for short sale listings?

I belong to Broker Agent Social and the fee is a standard 30% of the listing side, (less out of pocket costs).

I'm starting a new marketing campaign here in Central Calif (The Valley), and it will be generalized enough to apply to other areas, once it's rolling.

I could have a lot of referrals to give out if it works! (I've tried other dream machines for marketing and some work and some don't, so I don't want to start cheering yet).

I would also have marketing, negotiation and listing tips that have been developed over the years for short sales.

I first worked with short sales in 1991. I worked with the team that invented them thru computer modeling for a Sacramento bank that was losing buckets of money. I was their rep in the Fresno area. So I know of what I speak.

My last question is more technical. Is there any prohibition on giving referral fees to licensed agents in states where I am not licensed? It's important to not break any state or federal laws, in a rush to help someone.

Please comment on my questions or share other ideas.

Vic Pasnick, Realtor,

Fresno Association of Realtors,

Broker for A La Carte Properties

vicpasnick@hotmail.com 

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

25% is good .. but it can get confusing .. make sure its clear whether it is before or after the broker split.  I find 1% of the sale price an easier number to work with.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Short Sale Marketing and Referrals

Started by Victor Pasnick. Last reply by TOP END Properties Jan 2, 2013. 13 Replies

© 2019   Created by Mike Linkenauger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service