Request for short sale conversion made by borrowers before hiring listing agent

Borrowers have already submitted a formal request for conversionto HAFA short sale versus accepting HAMP offer. Fannie is investor and Indymac is servicer/originator 2007. Borrowers are 3 mo down., do they have any advantage in requesting the conversion on their own versus waiting for listing agent to formally request it? 

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not that I'm aware of myself.  I know for the first steps of HAFA, for the most part borrowers can do much themselves, as opposed to a regular deal which is usually always initiated through a 3rd party.  Don't think it will make a difference that I'm aware of, the good thing is that the seller is proactive and taking action!  If they meet the qualifications for a short sale, no reason to wait and "play around" by dealing with their lender directly, of course, some sellers have a mind of their own.

RSS

Forum

Ocwen Contacts Short Sale Package

Started by Jan Baron in Rants and Raves. Last reply by Anna Wilk Jan 14, 2016. 5 Replies

Shellpoint Mortgage

Started by Celeste ODea in General Discussion. Last reply by Brett Goldsmith Sep 4, 2015. 3 Replies

Extension Fees & Closing

Started by Colleen J Couse in Rants and Raves. Last reply by Brett Goldsmith Sep 3, 2015. 1 Reply

© 2019   Created by Mike Linkenauger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service